Our Cookies Policy
They are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Some examples of their usage are:
- Storing information to personalise the website to your requirements.
- A website that sells things may use a cookie to record items you have in a shopping basket.
- They can be used to record users behaviour on a website, for example to record the pages they have viewed.
There are two types of them that can be placed in your browser by a website:
- Session cookie is only used for the period you use the website, and is deleted when you close your web browser. A new cookie would then be placed in your web browser if you were to visit the same website again in the future.
- Persistent cookie remains in your browser once you have left the site and closed your web browser. The next time you visit the site the information in the cookie will be used to ensure the website works as set up at the previous visit, for example to display certain things on the homepage. A persistent cookie will expire if the website that set them is not visitied again within a certain time.
ON THIS WEBSITE
We use a Google Analytics cookie on our website to record website usage. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website, and we do not share this information with anyone.
By browsing our website you are implicitly accepting them. If you don’t wish to accept them, please leave our website and delete any cookies that might have already been downloaded to your browser. This Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser.
Instructions to enable, block and/or delete cookies for the most popular browsers:
- Some of the cookies we install are “technical cookies” that enable a correct navigation within our website and/or allow us to provide a service required by you (i.e. bookings, payments, login…). This includes “session cookies” that allow us to prevent robots from sending spam on the blog comments and website forms.
- Some other cookies are used for other uses (analytic purposes, storing navigation preferences for an easier user experience, enabling social media interactions and more… see list below). They do not track sensitive personal information.
- This website and its legal representatives are not responsible of the content or the honesty of the privacy policies of third part cookies.
- Google Analytics cookies are stored in servers located in the US and they agree not to share the information with third parties, unless it is necessary for the correct performance of the system or if they were forced by law. According to Google, they do not store the user’s IP address. Google Inc. is a company that adheres to the Safe Harbor Arrangements ensuring that all transferred data will receive a protection level complying with the EU law. You can check more information about that here. For more information on Google cookie usage, check here.